Tuesday, October 14, 2008






Jesse Birth Story:
Well on Monday October 6th I had a Doctors appointment with Dr. Sawyer. We had discussed a few weeks earlier about possible doing an induction so that Dr. Sawyer could be there. (He was going out of town from the 8th to the 12th) So on Monday the 6th I was dilated to a 2 and I asked Dr. Sawyer “what we were planning on doing?” He said the hospital wasn’t busy so he would send me over to Banner Thunderbird. Jason and I checked in at around 10:45am. They got me up to the labor and delivery room by 11ish and hooked me up to all the monitors. They observed his heart beat for about a half-hour and then the nurse started the gels to get the induction started. However, while I was on the monitors I was contracting pretty regularly by myself. Once she started the gels the contractions started coming really hard and regular. Dr. Sawyer broke my water when I was about a 3. After, he broke my water I the contractions were really intense. I waited about 10 to 15 minutes and then asked for the epidural. I got the epidural at 1:20 and Jesse James Rollin arrived at 1:50. This was a very quick induction!!! I actually got to pull him out like I did with JT. This whole experience was amazing. This was sort of a healing moment when I got to see my new little baby boy. The Lord provides and answered a mother’s prayer!!!

1 comment:

Alisha Beard said...

Ashley - What a BEAUTIFUL little guy you have. He is an answer to so many prayers...probably more than you even know! I am so happy for you guys, and I am so glad your first moments with Jesse were "healing moments" for you...you are a wonderful mother...Jesse is a lucky little one!

Alisha